This coming week…
- start on essay by finding passages in books and making a question to be answered
- go do groceries…or…survive on pbj sandwiches? maybe…
- at lunch, go do observations at cafe
- do laundry at laundromat…running out of clean clothes…
- work on and finish essay (due 9am on 9th)
- do gesture illustrations for presentation (due 9th)
- do 2 of 4 festival branding illustrations (probably bookmark and shirt) (due 10th)
- do back work of fish out of water illustration & e-mail to Mark
- sketch, line, and maybe start watercoloring fish out of water (due 12th)
Final Studio Critique Week, OHGODWHY
- all festival branding (due 17th)
- fish out of water illustration (due 19th)
- watercolor Pratchett (late 19th)
- sketch, line, watercolor Monkey Paw (late 17th)
- sketch, line, watercolor heaven and hell paintings (late 19th)
Friday the 20th (I promise, you will make it to this point.)
- everything is going to be okay
- convince yourself that you’re going to fail everything
- calm yourself back down, it’s going to be okay
- maybe eat a bunch of sweets
- clean horrible mess of apartment
- so much cleaning
- spend all time playing neglected videogames
- except when drawing animal crossing stuff
Oops, I forgot to even upload this to youtube… >_> Oh well, it’s December now and so a better time for it anyway. Sorry it’s so small, it being a little card and all. I know it doesn’t read as well in the video because of it. Also, this is the first/only video I have of me doing line art in graphite on the lightbox.
Stuff I’m going to be color studies on this afternoon. Might edit this post to have those versions instead at that point.
I posted a different version over on our AC tumblr. I always mess up my AC characters’ clothing whenever I draw them with out reference. >_>; (I just realized that saying you want to wi-fi with people probably doesn’t make sense unless you play videogames.)
We had some cold, rainy days earlier in the week. And my hair is really long and kept falling in my face until I trimmed the bangs on Wednesday. Now it’s a game of whether I’ll be more anxious of finding and going to a salon to get it trimmed or more annoyed at how long it is. (I don’t know why, but it drives me nuts. It looks fine, it’s just how it feels combined with not being long enough to tie back.)
I had stayed in the classroom into my lunch break because I wanted to get some stuff done, and when I got into the elevator with some other ladies (I think they were mostly teachers), we got stuck on floor 5 and the doors wouldn’t open. After waiting a minute or so, we called for help, but while it was ringing and no one was picking up, the elevator started moving again, then got stuck, then did something weird, and moved a bit again. We ended up being able to get the doors open on floor 2 or the mez or something and me and another girl who were in a hurry bolted out and to the stairs while the other ladies stayed behind as the help line was answered.
So, yeah, if you’re in Anderson today, don’t take the elevator nearest the stairs.
Also, this one wooden box of tiny trays of watercolor just fell off of something suddenly, spilling it’s contents out on the floor. It’s one of the things I got from Carol and each of the trays is labeled and everything and they were all organized in order in the box and now half of the little cubes of paint have separated from their trays and I need to find the right tray to put them back into and there are something like 25 of them I usually use a pallet of 6 colors. @A@ GOD DAMMIT, I NEED TO BE BACK TO CLASS IN HALF AND HOUR AND I HAVEN’T EVEN FINISHED COOKING MY LUNCH. -sob-
Dreamkeeper at work. She is probably in her late 20s/early 30s? Or rather the equivalent of that in her setting. >_> Signs of age are more due to the stress of working as a Dreamkeeper than anything else. The life expectancy of Dreamkeepers is significantly lower than that of your average people. Living alone in a living library of magic and spending most of your days making books of magic is not exactly great for your health.
You may recall me musing on the idea of making the Dreamkeeper female. Just consider these further musings. Also, I’ll probably won’t be seeing The Day of the Doctor until tomorrow, so try not to throw spoilers my way.
Classwork. Thumbnails for Mark’s class as well as some of the messing about in Corel Painter we’ve been doing in his class to try and introduce us to the program and make us not so completely lost and overwhelmed in it. It doesn’t come on our laptops (you have to go self-serve at a computer lab, apparently), so most, if not all of us, haven’t even touched it previously. And…augh…you guys know how I am with technology. The first sessions of me trying make sense of things is awful. Temper tantrum awful. I imagine that sitting next to me is awful, because it must just be a stream of growling, muttering, and occasional cussing.
This time around, I did my thumbnails by sketching them on index cards, scanning, and then adding tone in photoshop. Probably my favorite method so far, even though it means having to print everything before crit.